Sometimes I wonder why I even try to have family get-togethers. I invite all my family over for Thanksgiving and my mom and sister's family are all that show up. What a bunch of bums! We still had a great Thanksgiving! Then I get my lazy bum out of bed at 4:30am to go shopping! I am NOT a shopper. Oh, the joy of the season! We p
ut up our tree and almost immediately had the in house expert (aka Nate) rearranging it. LOL! He broke his 1st bulb before we even finished! Tis' the season! But it is still beautiful to look at, even though the bottom half is mostly bare! Hee Hee! I really do love the holidays, I promise! We went to see the temple lights already and loved them as usual! We attempted to take a family picture for our Christmas card at the temple....Yeah right! I don't know how people do it! I have 2 thumbsuckers who refused to take their thumb out of their mouth and look at the camera. The pic to the left is the best we could get! A professional photographer took pity on us and came over to take some pics for free. I am still waiting on those photos! Hopefully she got a better one!Savannah hit her head (nothing new here), and was acting strange the next day. She would be playing and would all of a sudden collapse to the ground and cry. Her eyes kept rolling and she looked like she was passing out. I called a friend in our ward who is a pediatric nurse and she said that I should take her to the ER for possible head trauma. I took her to Mercy Gilbert and they had no idea what was causing it. CT Scan and blood work was normal. They said that she was acting like she had ingested something. All tests came back clean except her key tones which were off, indicating dehydration. They transferred her by ambulance to Phoenix Childrens Hospital PICU where she stayed overnight. She was released the next morning with a diagnosis of the flu. WHAT????!!!! What they mean to say is "we have no idea what is wrong and at the risk of sounding like we don't know what we are talking about and due to the fact that you have no insurance, we are going to say it is the flu cause we care more about our pocket book than your daughter!" I am not bitter or anything.... She was hospitalized for a couple of days as a baby with possible seizures that they never confirmed. I think that is what is going on but can't prove it. A friend took the other two kids while this was going on and she saw Savannah do the eye roll thing. She said she looked like someone who has just had a seizure. She would know, she was an EMT!
We had to take Adam to the ER in October. He had the same rash developing that put him in the hospital for a week last year. Turns out, he had walking pneumonia and they are saying it was a viral rash. Code for "we don't know what caused it". Can't they just admit that they don't know everything?? Geesh!
1 comment:
wow, the fun never stops for you, does it?? sheesh. don't you love how you get treated when you have no insurance? it's the best. being on state insurance isn't a whole lot better, they never really tell you what's wrong. i'm sorry, and i feel for you. glad your thanksgiving was good, and hopefully the next few weeks will be better for you. have a good one!
Post a Comment